- Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
- Branch: Sylvan Lake
Location: Sylvan Lake
Department: Pressure Equipment Division
For more information regarding the Client Manager job position, please click here.
Mountain West Services (MWS) specializes in unbiased third party inspections of pressure equipment in the Oil & Gas industry. Our intention is to help clients maintain compliance with pressure equipment regulations while ensuring equipment remains safe to operate. The MWS team has extensive experience in vessels, pipelines, cathodic protection, NDE, corrosion, fabrication, regulations and procedures to promote compliance and the continued safe operation of pressure equipment.
MWS is authorized by ABSA to perform integrity assessments of pressure equipment, and we are one of the most mature companies completing this work in the province of Alberta. We take pride in our established programs, attention to detail, and our reputation.
We are looking for an intelligent, experienced, and motivated individual to represent a number of our clients while acting as their Chief Inspector. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, a strong understanding of pressure equipment integrity management, and a reasonable amount of relevant experience managing pressure equipment.
This is a full time, contract position, reporting to the Quality Manager. It is office based, however occasional travel and field inspection will be required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building inspection plans, setting intervals for vessels and PRD’s, coordinating inspection activities, writing and reviewing inspection reports, planning inspection activities, creating repair plans for damaged pressure equipment, solving problems, and maintaining positive relationships with customers.
MWS offers competitive wages, a work schedule that is somewhat flexible, and partial workfrom-home being an option.
Minimum experience and qualifications:
- Five years’ experience in pressure equipment inspection.
- Plus: API 510 Certification or National Board Certification and ABSA In-Service Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification, and one of the following:
- Related Engineering Degree e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, Welding, Chemical or Process Engineering;
- First Class Power Engineers Certificate; or Mechanical, Material or Welding Technologist Graduate of a recognized two year, full time program from a Technical Institute.
- Ten Years related pressure equipment inspection experience.
- Plus: API 510 or a National Board Certification and ABSA In-Service Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification