- Full-time or Part-time: Full-time
- Branch: Sylvan Lake
Cathodic Protection Technician
Location: Sylvan Lake
Department: Pressure Equipment Division
For more information regarding the Cathodic Protection Manager Client Manager job position, please click here.
- Complete annual CP surveys utilizing the OLIMPOS database.
- Gather structure-to-soil potential data, soil measurements and rectifier data
- Assemble data for preparation of final client report including deficiency recommendations
- Provide maintenance of field test equipment and ensure it is in operating condition
- May be required to complete ROW and various compliance inspections
- Assist with DOC, CIPs, ACVG/DCVG surveys
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Relevant experience with corrosion prevention and cathodic protection experience preferred
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Team player with a willingness to learn and communicate
- Work independently
Education & Experience
- Oil and gas field work experience considered an asset
- NACE CP2 certification preferred
- Energy Safety Canada - Cathodic protection rectifier training course is required
- Driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Experience operating quads and snowmobiles
- Safety tickets, such as First Aid, H2S, WHMIS
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Regular travel and overnight stays required
- Ability to work as needed or required, shifts for larger jobs are 10 on and 4 off
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Field work includes use of an ATV and/or snowmobile on a regular basis, experience is required.
- Will be required to walk and navigate through rough terrain depending on access to test locations.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.